About Poly Magnet
Awarded Excelling Magnet Honor Roll by LAUSD Student Integration Services in March 2020 based on meeting every metric on the Magnet Performance Index.
The Polytechnic Magnet is a Math, Science, and Technology Magnet. We are a college preparatory program. By providing students with an in-depth educational experience emphasizing math, science, and technology, and integrating these subjects throughout the curriculum, the Polytechnic MST Magnet will prepare students for university studies in fields where a strong background in mathematics and science are required.
Extraordinary Teachers for Extraordinary Students
- 14 teachers ~ Math, Science, Social Science, English, and Spanish
- 1 Counselor just for Magnet Students
- 1 Magnet Coordinator
- 4 teachers are Nationally Board Certified
- Almost all of the teachers have a masters or PhD. in the subject they teach
- Some teachers also teach at local colleges (CSUN, LA Valley College, and College of the Canyons)
- The teachers know and teach what your child needs to learn to be successful in college.
- United mission and dedication to educating your child with the rigor and background that is needed for success.
How to Apply
The application period opens October 5, 2020, and ends at 5:00 pm on November 12, 2021. To apply go to apply.lausd.net and submit an application. Choices brochures/applications will be available in limited quantities at school sites and local district offices. If you have questions regarding the application process you may call LAUSD at 213-481-3300. You may also call the Magnet Office at Polytechnic High School at 818-394-3682.