Special Education Department
Poly Special Education 2020-2021 at a glance
The Special Education Program at Poly High School is grounded in the belief that all students can learn. A specific program is designed for every student with a disability, and a particular disability category does not automatically qualify a student for a program placement. We strive to increase rigor and build capacity and confidence of students as they progress through grades. All students have access to all academic programs, athletics, and activities. Our services and programs have been designed to meet a variety of students’ educational and social-emotional needs.
Special Day Class (SLD)
- All academic classes in General Education for Quarter 1 with Learning Center support class. After Quarter 1 baseline has been determined, changes to schedules done to reflect student's individual needs.
- All students take Learning Center support class for at least 2 Quarters; more if needed, determined on individual basis
- Support provided in General Education classes by co-teachers and/or Special Education Assistants. Monitor and make adjustments as needed
- Students will continue with General Education classes in grades 10-12
- Majority of students take Social Studies and Science in General Education
- Majority of students take ELA and Math (except Algebra 2) in SDP
- Student may take Learning Center support class as needed for 2 Quarters.
- Support provided in General Education by co-teachers and/or assistants
- Students take all classes in General Education with support from co-teachers and/or assistants as needed
- Students may be enrolled in Learning Center support class for 2 quarters; more if needed and schedule allows
- Highest level of support
- Earn Certificate of Completion
- Take electives in General Education setting with program support