Francis PolytechnicSenior High School

Skip to main content
Mobile Menu
Attendance Office » Enrollment FAQ

Enrollment FAQ

  1. How do I know if my child lives in the Poly school of residence boundary?

    If you have recently moved and need to check if Poly HS is your school of residence, click on the following link and enter your address in the designated area:  LAUSD Resident School Identifier

  2. What do I need if my child is transferring from middle school to high school?

    If the student lives in the Poly residence boundary, 8th grade students will automatically be transferred and enrolled at Poly HS. You may check the school of residence using the link under question #1. If you are new to the area or have additional questions, bring in proof of residency to the Attendance Office at Poly HS.

  3. What documents may I use as a proof of residence when enrolling my child?

    The following documents are accepted as proof of residence:


                 *Utility service bills (gas, water, electric)

                 *Property taxes, rental or lease agreement

                 *Official government mail (CalWorks, Social Security)


  4. What documents do I need to enroll a student?

    Parents and Guardians will need the following documents to enroll a student at Poly HS:

    • Proof of Residence
    • Immunization Records
    • Birth Certificate
    • Transfer or "PAR" (if transferring from another LAUSD school)
    • Transcripts
    • IEP (if student receives special education services)
    • Enrollment Packets--available for pickup from the Poly HS Attendance Office with proof of residence
  5. How do I change the phone number or address that is on file for my child?

    The parent/guardian needs to bring their ID to the Attendance Office and complete the appropriate form. Click on the following links to access the form you need.

    Change of Address

    Change of Phone Number

  6. How do I add a new contact person to my student's records?

    The Parent/Guardian needs to fill out and submit a new emergency card.  You may access the card by clicking:

    Emergency Card - English

    Emergency Card - Spanish

  7. What do I need to do to transfer my child to another school?

    If you have moved and your child will no longer be attending Poly HS, the student must clear all debts including textbooks and library books prior to receiving the documents necessary for enrollment at the new school.  The Parent/Legal Guardian must present ID and complete the Parent Assurance Letter to obtain the (PAR) to take to the new school.