Each day the ConnectEd notification system will call the designated primary guardian for each student that is absent to one or more class periods.
You may also fill out the following form and submit it to the Attendance Office:
Yes, the student needs a note with the same information required for an absence. You may fill out the following form and submit it to the Attendance Office. If your son/daughter is currently attending the Freshman Center, forms should be submitted to the Freshman Center Main Office.
If the absence was marked in error, send your student to the Attendance Office to pick up a correction form for the teacher to sign. If your son/daughter is currently attending the Freshman Center, forms should be submitted to the Freshman Center Main Office. Teacher signature is needed to make changes to attendance. You may also access the form through the following link:
ConnectEd calls are generated automatically based on classroom attendance submitted by the teacher. Changes made to the attendance records may not reflect until after the phone calls are generated. You may call 818-394-3611 to verify if your student arrived late or missed class. If your son/daughter is currently attending the Freshman Center, contact the Freshman Center Main Office at 818-759-5800.
School sponsored activities can only be cleared by school officials and are documented at the end of the school day when attendance for the field trip is submitted by the sponsor. Missed class for school sponsored activities does not count as an absence for students.
Please keep in mind that justifying or “clearing” an absence does not remove it from the total number of absence for the student.
· Illness or injury of pupil
· Illness or medical appointment of a child (only when the pupil is the custodial parent)
· Medical, dental, optometrical, or chiropractic services
· Funeral of immediate family member (may include any relative residing with the pupil)
- 1 day: in-state
- 3 days: out-of-state and/or country
Examples include, but are not limited to:
· Running errands for family · Vacations or trips
· Babysitting · Family emergency
· Transportation problems · Inclement weather
· Unverified absence/tardy (no reason provided after 10 days with due diligence)
· “Take Your Child to Work Day” (without administrator approval)
· “Extended Funeral Absences ” (without administrator approval)
Tardy or Left Early less than 30 minutes
The Parent/Guardian needs to present ID in the Attendance Office and fill out the form “Permit for Release of Child during School Hours”. If your son/daughter is currently attending the Freshman Center, go directly to the Freshman Center Main Office.