Students who reside within LAUSD boundaries, but outside of a designated SAS site’s residential boundaries, may apply for an SAS permit for enrollment.
Students who meet ONE of the following requirements may qualify to receive a permit to attend John H. Francis Polytechnic High School, by filling out an SAS Permit Application:
- Student identified as gifted/talented in LAUSD in the Intellectual, High Achievement, Creative Ability, Leadership Ability, Specific Academic Categories (English, Math, Science or Social Science).
- Student scored in the “Standards Exceeded” range on Spring SBAC in both ELA and Math, or student has TOTAL national score of 85% or above on a District-approved standardized achievement test in the most recent year (e.g. OLSAT-8).
- Student meets ALL FOUR of the Critical-thinking and Problem-solving criteria:
- Explain meanings/relationships among facts, information, or concepts that demonstrate depth and complexity.
- Formulate new ideas or solutions and elaborate on the information.
- Use alternative methods in approaching new or unfamiliar mathematical problems.
- Use extensive vocabulary easily and accurately to express creative ideas.
- The application must be completed and signed by the parent/guardian and the principal/administrator of the current school of attendance, and submitted to John H. Francis Polytechnic High School.
- Along with the signed application, please bring verification of eligibility and supportive documents. (Ask your student’s current school of attendance for student records that support eligibility)
- The application will be available to download and copies will be available in our Attendance Office sometime in March.
- We will be accepting applications for the SAS program from October to March
- SAS permit selection will occur at SAS sites after the deadline, as space is available.
- SAS permit selection will occur at SAS sites by lottery after the deadline, as space is available.
- Ask for Ms. Maliwan at the SLC Office (RM95) for more details or call our Attendance Office for application questions.
Enroll through the SAS Program with THIS application (READ CAREFULLY)