School for Advanced Studies
- Your child is designated gifted, BUT we are not your school of residence
- Your child exceeds standards on BOTH the ELA/Math SBAC, BUT we are not your school of residence
- Your child consistently performs at two grade levels or above, BUT we are not your school of residence
- Your child is designated gifted, AND we are your school of residence
- Your child exceeds standards on BOTH the ELA/Math SBAC, AND we are your school of residence
- Your child consistently performs at two grade levels or above, AND we are your school of residence (**this criteria is pending verification from your child's middle school)
The Poly High School SAS program welcomes you to a fantastic school year full of Poly Pride! My name is Ms. Pleitez and I am the SAS Coordinator for Poly students. Throughout your high school experience, you will find our services to be an integral part of your education. Collectively, our staff works diligently with you and your parent to empower students and foster a college and career ready program. Please know that you are an extension of our program and we look forward to assisting you with academic planning, personal/social, and college/career needs. The goal of our counselors is to provide a personalized counseling and guidance experience to each student on campus to foster socio-emotional support and promote college and career readiness with the ultimate goal of maximizing student potential.
Students will need to pass all courses each year and earn a specific amount of credits to promote or advance to the next grade level in high school: 9th to 10th grade-50 credits, 10th to 11th grade- 105 credits, 11th to 12th grade-160 credits. You will need 210 credits in specific courses to graduate along with meeting non-course requirements which include identifying a career pathway and completing a service-learning project.
Your counselor will be reviewing your Individualized Graduation Plan (high school/college) with you in the fall and will be meeting with you in the spring to ensure you are meeting the requirements needed to graduate and be college/career ready. Please reach out to us if you have any questions or concerns. We are here to assist you during your high school career.