Poly Staff are you interested in being part of the School Site Council?
School Site Council is responsible for:
- Review recommendations for improvement of the Single Plan for Student Achievement
(SPSA) from the English Learner Advisory Committee.
- Develop and approve the SPSA and related expenditures in accordance with all District, state and federal laws and regulations.
- Recommend the plan and expenditures to the LAUSD Board of Education for approval.
- Provide ongoing review of the implementation of the plan with the principal, teachers, school staff members and other stakeholders.
- Make modifications to the plan whenever the need arises.
- Submit the modified plan to LAUSD Board of Education for approval whenever a material change is made in planned activities or related expenditures.
- Annually, and at each semester or trimester, by assessing data, evaluate the progress made toward school goals to raise the academic achievement of all students.
- Develop the comprehensive safe school plan.
- Carry out all other duties assigned to the School Site Council by the LAUSD Board of Education and by state law.
The composition of our School Site Council right now is 16 members. Principal is one of those automatic member, there are 5 teachers, 2 other staff, 4 parents and community members and 4 students.
The commitment is for two years. Our vacancies this years are as follows:
2 student vacancies
2 teacher vacancies
1 other staff vacancy
2 parent vacancies.
If you are interested in learning more about the School Site Council or are interesting in running for this elected position you must attend an orientation: Tuesday August 21st after school in the Parent PD room.
All nominations need to be in by Wednesday August 22, 2018 to Me by email with a one or two sentences stating why you are interested in the position.
Elections will be held Tuesday and Wednesday of the following week
Tuesday august 28th and Wednesday 29th through our UTLA officers.
Please help encourage students to also join and be part of this decision making council.
Student Elections will be done during lunch in the Polygon both days too and students must present their ID’s
Students also must submit their nominations via email to me by Wednesday August 22, 2018.
The other staff vacancies are for the school to include members of our classified staff. Office Staff, Safety, Maintenance, cafeteria etc. Same as above all nominations need to be in by Wednesday and all interested must attend the orientation next week on Tuesday August 21st at 3:15 Parent PD room.
Parent elections will be done at a different day.