Renaissance STAR Assessments
Polytechnic High School
this is what the APP LOGO looks like in Schoology
- Testing Window 1 is from now-Oct 30. Pick a date in this window.
- Testing Window 2 is from Jan 25-Mar 25. Pick a date in this window.
- Testing Window 3 is May 10-June 9. Pick a date in this window.
- Download app into your courses. (Test day – read the intro/instructions from Admin Sheet)
- Students click app icon within your course from the left-hand column.
- Student may need to minimize the Schoology window to see the Renaissance window.
- Students then choose your class from the list, do 3 practice questions, and then complete the assessment.
- Assessment is approximately 40 minutes-50 minutes.
- 34 questions long (some students may have one extra – this is called a calibration question.)
- Assessment is timed. Student will see a tiny clock appear at top of page. This will indicate 15 seconds left.
- Students can 'pause' the test and finish later by clicking "Stop Test" in the top right and selecting "Resume later."
- "Resume later" password is 'admin.'
Specific details… see the slide deck. Scroll down for Quick Links.
Please see your Schoology Group Department Resources tab for STAR Report guidance.
There is a 45 min webinar available from LAUSD & Renaissance for the data reporting.
Click here for Renaissance Webinar Teacher Training - start at 20min for "reports guidance"